Wednesday 25 June 2008

Broken Break

Ah, my honeymoon is temporarily over. I planned for a 6 month break, but seems God has other plans.

Just as I was starting to get used to the fact that I am FREE from the evils of 9am - 5pm work (or in my case, usually 9am - 11pm), I'm going back into the jungle next week.

Since the wedding, I've had about 1.5 months to get used to freedom. And I really was only just starting to get used to it. Got me my little routine : Make breakfast for my man, send him to work, chit chat with my momma in her house, surf the net, run errands, watch movies that I had no chance to watch before, move into my new apartment, pick my man from work, cook dinner together, finish all the post-wedding stuff that we still haven't done. It was nice.

We also did our first wedding PAID job in Singapore recently. Came out pretty good, if I say so myself. Much better than the shit I've seen some "professional" photographers take. The actual shoot itself wasn't tiring, but post-processing the photos take ages!

I think at best, this will be a part-time money-maker for us. The work is too seasonal, and competition is fierce (though they're not necessarily that good). Most people can't tell the difference.

Will post some of our shots up in my next post.

But ah, going to start freelance work next week, for 3 months. And this type of work means I will not see daylight for the time I'm working there. Depressing. But the money will be most welcome!

Guess I feel depressed about this because I've been enjoying life too much to want to give it up again for a "career". Can't believe I've was ever that gung-ho about my career, giving up all that was important to me to get the job done. Giving up a part of ME.

Well, I'll have time to rediscover myself and re-focus on my marriage again once the 3 months are over.

No comments: