When my boys are grown and they think back on their childhood, I've always wanted to be remembered like this :
- In their mind's eye, I'm surrounded by a golden nimbus of love, warmth, gentleness and all-round awesomeness.
- The Madonna-mother. (Haha. I laugh even as I type this. Maybe this one is too ambitious.)
- The one they run to for comfort when they're hurt.
- The one who is so strong, powerful and awesome that she can protect them from anything that scares them, whether it's human bad guys, or evil ethereal beings.
- The one they can confide in or talk to about anything and everything, because they know that she will listen with an open-heart (though she can't help being judgemental).
- The one they enjoy sitting in silence with, because they just like her company.
- The one they know loves them unconditionally, but will not hesitate to punish them if they do the wrong thing.
- The cool mom.
|Hahahahahaha. No, I think.|
|This might be more likely.|
Hmm. Nowhere in there does it say I want to be remembered as the mom who always kept the house clean, their clothes washed and ironed, or their food yummy & chock-full of nutrition (this one always stresses me the fuck out). Interesting.
Please God, give me strength to be these things.